Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Health Care System


I decided that the subject that I am most interested in was Health Care. I got interested in medical care after getting sick and having to go to hospital. In this past visit to the hospital I was in the Bronx. The hospital i usually go to is in Freehold, NJ, where my mother lives. I noticed that in the city there were many people, it was very disorganized, and very cluttered. In Freehold it is less crowded, you are given your own room, and you get entertainment.

I think that the reason for these differences is because of the insurance an individual may have. Some places do not take all types of insurance, so people do not get to have regular doctors visits.


6 comments:

  1. Yes, your definately right about the insurance part because I work in a doctors office and many times people come in without insurance and we can't see them or they get treated horribly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean. Did u know that a lot of college students do not have health insurance. The reason why I feel is they are on their parents or they just cannot afford it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i personally can agree with this blog, because i work in a hospital myself and i have patients who do not have insurance and they get turned away or either they end up being seen by the dr and having a big bill in the end. which sometimes some of them do not pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is terrible the way the healthcare system in our country works. I also work in a doctors office, we only accept certain insurances and there are about a million rules when someone does have insurance. Some people need refferals, some only cover this while some diagnoses aren't considered "necessary." Shoudn't every diagnosis be necessary? If we pay for our own insurance, shouldn't it be there to protect our health instead of just stress us out? Without insurance, just a first time visit at the office I am employed at can cost up to $400. That is just ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete